Boston Supports BMC
BMC provides medical, social, and psychological care to our city's most underserved. As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve around the world and in Massachusetts, BMC's unique position in caring for our city's most vulnerable residents has never been more crucial. The health and safety of their patients and frontline staff remains their highest priority during this unprecedented crisis, but they need our help. In order to remain a source of support, the COVID-19 Relief Fund was established to help BMC meet the emergent, developing needs of the community during this unprecedented time.
Being There for the Frontline
BMC’s frontline staff—from nurses to supply chain—are working tirelessly to care for COVID-19 patients. In return, BMC is making sure its caregivers have access to the critical support they need. COVID-19 relief funds are being utilized in some of the following ways:
• Hotel accommodations for providers fearful of spreading COVID-19 to their families.
• Childcare assistance for on-shift employees as childcare facilities remain limited.
• Food access for staff working unpredictable shifts.
Responding to Patients’ Urgent Financial Needs
For many of BMC’s patients, a COVID-19 diagnosis is one of many concerns. The loss of a job or reduced hours adds to the pressure of putting food on the table, paying rent or keeping utilities on. Many of BMC’s patients who already rely on the hospital’s robust social service programs are requiring more resources to get by. The COVID-19 Relief Fund is helping with the following:
• Housing and utility assistance for BMC’s low-income patients who are at increased risk.
• Food access for patients who live in food deserts, and have limited mobility or lack of transportation.
• Transportation support, covering the costs of ride-sharing services and public transportation.
Ramping up Hospital Operations
With circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 crisis rapidly changing every day, BMC continues to prepare for and meet the evolving needs of the hospital to operate optimally. Doing so will protect frontline providers, the patients they care for and, ultimately, the Boston community. Resources from the COVID-19 Relief Fund are being used as follows:
• Sourcing materials, supplies and personal protective equipment including life-saving N95 masks.
• Extra staffing and overtime costs for staff to care for the expected surge of patients.
• Retrofitting spaces and facilities, including the reopening, staffing and supplying of East Newton Pavilion to care for 250 homeless patients with COVID-19.
Thank you for joining us in supporting Boston Medical Center, and sharing in its mission to provide exceptional care, without exception.
Sweet Caroline - Boston Supports BMC
Fundraising Page created by: Task CEO
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.